At McElhinney & Associates we aim to make the conveyancing process straight forward and stress free for our clients.
Whether you are buying or selling property, we take a firm and thorough approach to all conveyancing matters. We believe the day you buy is the day you sell, ensuring all title matters are put in order, prior to completion.
The conveyancing process can be made easier by assembling all of the required documents prior to putting the property on the market.
The following documents and information should be procured at an early stage, in order to avoid a lengthy and drawn out sale:
- Title deeds – these will either be with your bank, your solicitor or in your possession. We will need details of your mortgage provider and account number in order to obtain your title deeds form the bank and prepare the contract for sale.
- Local property Tax (LPT) receipt of payment print out from the Revenue – available online on revenue.ie
- NPPR Certificate of Exemption/Discharge
Non-Principle Private Residence tax was in operation from 2009-2013 for those who owned more than one property. The charge was abolished in 2014 however a Certificate of Discharge or Exemption is required on sale to prove the position in respect of the liability years 2009-2013. You must contact your local authority to obtain the relevant certificate – email@example.com
- Septic Tank Registration Certificate – If you have a septic tank or similar system, you must register its details with your local authority and pay a registration fee.
Registration details can be found on www.protectourwater.ie
- BER Certificate
All homes for sale now require a Building Energy Rated Certificate. If your home does not have a certificate, you will need to contact a BER Assessor to carry out an energy efficiency assessment.
- PPS Number
- Marriage Certificate/Judicial Separation/Divorce Order
- Copy ID and Proof of Address
Procuring these documents at an early stage will allow for a smooth and timely sale process.
We provide a highly efficient service and aim to return all calls on the same day, so that our client is kept up date at all times. Your file will be dealt with, at all times, by a skilled legal practitioner with extensive conveyancing experience.
Our professional fees are set at a rate which reflect the efficiency and quality of service in which the conveyancing practice is delivered to our clients. Call today for a quotation and speak with our experienced conveyancing practitioner.
McElhinney & Associates
Tel: 074 9175989
*In contentious business a Solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement
**This information is for guidance purposes only. It does not constitute legal or professional advice. Professional or legal advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from any action as a result of the contents of this publication. No liability is accepted by McElhinney & Associates for any action taken in reliance on the information contained herein. Any and all information is subject to change.